You are welcome to stay with your partner overnight to provide assistance and support. Our rooms are designed to cater for an overnight stay and provide either a double bed or sofa bed. We are unable to guarantee an exact room-type but will endeavor to ensure that you are comfortable.
If you wish to stay overnight please note the following:
- Please notify the midwife or nurse caring for you. In the event of an emergency we need to know exactly who is in the maternity ward.
- Please remember to dress appropriately. Suitable night attire can be worn in the evenings but day clothing must be worn at all other times. Remember to wear footwear whilst walking around the ward or throughout the hospital.
- Please remember that you are in a hospital and a midwife, nurse or staff member may enter your room at any time during the day or night.
- Other children are not allowed to stay overnight under any circumstances.
- Meals and drinks can be provided at a cost. Please pay for these meals at reception when ordering the meal
- Mobile phones may be used in your room but should not be used in the corridors.
Staying overnight is a great opportunity to assist your partner and develop your relationship as a family.
It’s All About You
Gold Coast Private Hospital is part of Healthscope. Healthscope is a leading provider of private healthcare services within Australia and beyond, distinguished by the service offered, we provide across our health care divisions.